Women who have small breasts often feel less sexy and confident than their large-breasted counterparts, and this has driven many of them to seek quick and effective ways to increase the size of their breasts. The size of a woman’s breasts can be determined by a number of different factors, such as age, build and hormone levels, and that’s why being pregnant or taking the contraceptive pill can actually help to increase breast size.
Breast implants are one way of achieving a good bust, but many women are not comfortable with the idea of surgery and would rather opt for more natural ways of making their breasts look bigger. The following tips are therefore designed to help you boost your bust:
- Exercise regularly – Breasts are mainly made up of fatty tissue and do not contain any muscles. Regular exercise is therefore not going to dramatically increase the size of your breasts, but it can help to shape the muscles underneath them – making them look much firmer and more uplifted. Push-ups, wall presses, and palm presses are just some of the exercises that can help to strengthen the pectoral muscles underneath the breasts.
- Practise perfect posture – Good posture can help to make your breasts look larger and perkier, as well as making you look taller and slimmer. Always remember to hold your head up high, keep your back straight and your shoulders back.
- Think about diet – Oestrogen is the female hormone that contributes to breast growth. Certain foods, such as soybeans, flax seeds, and tofu, contain phytoestrogens (plant estrogens) that can actually help to enhance your breasts. A number of herbs, such as Fennel, wild yam, and palmetto, are also capable of breast enlargement. Phytoestrogens are commonly used in breast enhancement pills, but it is generally best to check with your doctor before buying them – especially if you are already taking any prescribed medication.
- Wear a sports bra when exercising – Vigorous exercise can easily damage the delicate support structure of your breasts, so it is important to wear a sports bra whenever you are working out. A good sports bra will help to keep your breasts firm and prevent sagging.
- Wear a bra that fits you well – It is a known fact that a large percentage of women do not wear the correct bra size, and this is mainly because they have never had their bust measured properly. An ill-fitting bra will not cup all the delicate breast tissue correctly, and it may also lead to neck pain and headaches.
- Consider bras that enhance your breasts – There are a number of different bras on the market that can actually help to enhance your breasts, and these include padded bras, push-up bras, water bras and gel bras.
- Think about the clothes you wear – Clothing can make a big difference to the appearance of your breasts. Choose dresses and tops with ruched, pleated, lace, or gathered material, as this will help to enhance your bust. Tight-fitting clothing and low necklines should be avoided as much as possible, as they will draw too much attention to the size of your breasts.
- Moisturise daily – Moisturising the breasts regularly can help to keep the sensitive skin around them firm and prevent sagging.
- Use make-up on your cleavage – You can enhance your cleavage with the addition of a little make-up, and this can be done by dabbing a small amount of bronzer and highlighter down the middle of your chest.
- Massage – Massaging your breasts regularly can help to improve their shape and firmness, as well as enabling you to spot any unusual lumps under the skin. Breast massage can also help to melt scar tissues and stimulate tissue growth after breast surgery.
You may find that one particular thing makes a big difference to the size and shape of your breasts, or it may be that you feel a number of changes are required to obtain the enhancement you need. Making changes to the size of your bust will help to boost your self-confidence and make you feel more desirable!
I’m a family practice physician with a strong interest in preventive medicine. I trained at the Medical College of Virginia where I earned a medical degree (M.D.) and a master’s degree after graduating with a double bachelor’s degree in biology and psychology.
My philosophy? Strive to be fit and fabulous at any age! I show people how to do that through my writing.
Read more about me here.